Center for Continence & Bladder Health
|Loss of bladder control (incontinence) affects approximately 1 out of every 25 Americans; 80% of these are women. It can happen to anyone, at any age, due to a wide range of contributing causes.
The problem is all around us, yet almost no one talks about it. Even fewer seek treatments that can help them. Only 50% of those with some form of incontinence ever tell their physicians. Our highly trained staff specializes in the evaluation and treatment of different types of urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, Pelvic Floor Disorders (including interstitial cystitis, pelvic floor syndrome and chronic pelvic pain),overactive bladder, and other bladder conditions affecting both men and women.
If you are experiencing urinary incontinence, we can help you.
The Center, located in Advanced Urology Institute’s main office, offers effective and comprehensive non-surgical treatments including:
- Patient education and behavior modification
- Instruction on pelvic floor exercises, latest advancements and feedback on the technique
- Extensive muscle testing of the pelvic floor muscle and a specific treatment plan
- Electrical stimulation to strengthen pelvic floor muscles
- Pessary insertion for pelvic prolapse
Specialized programs offered include: