Causes and Symptoms of Overactive Bladder
Symptoms of OAB:
- Urinate more than 8 times in a 24 hour period
- Urinate more than twice during the night
- Are bothered by the number of times you urinate
- Often have an overwhelming urge to urinate
- Loss of control of bladder because you are unable to control the urge to urinate and unable to get to the restroom in time
What Causes These Symptoms: Specific nerves and the muscles surrounding your bladder regulate bladder function. The symptoms, listed above, may be caused by any disruption to this regulation such as:
- Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Pelvic Surgery
- Prostate Surgery
- Medical Diseases such as Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis & Parkinson’s
What are Pelvic Floor disorders?
Pelvic Floor Disorders can be caused from other medical conditions such as Vagismus, Vulvodynia in female patients, Interstitial Cystitis in male and female patients, Pelvic Floor Syndrome, and other medically related conditions which can cause chronic pelvic pain.