Urologist in Safety Harbor, FL
About Dr. Klein
Dr. Klein is a board certified urologist practicing in Pinellas and Pasco Counties since 1998. He graduated from New York Medical College in Valhalla, New York, and completed his surgical and urology training Columbia University in New York (1998). He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), diplomate of the American Board of Urology, and is licensed by the State of Florida Board of Medicine as well as New York State.
Dr. Klein has served on local committees including Chairman of the Department of Surgery for the Mease Hospitals, prostate cancer support groups, cancer screening, and has conducted numerous seminars on incontinence, prostate cancer, BPH, and erectile dysfunction. Dr. Klein also has a special interest in robotic surgery (www.intuitivesurgical.com) and neuromodulation for bladder control (Interstim therapy – www.medtronic.com). He also is trained in High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for treatment of prostate cancer. He has multiple journal publications and has been a sub-investigator for numerous pharmaceutical drug studies involving prostate cancer, enlarged prostate, and erectile dysfunction. Honors include the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
Dr. Klein is an active urologist working at our offices in Trinity & Safety Harbor, FL.
- Adult Urology
- New York Medical College : 1992
- SUNY Binghamton, New York : 1988
BS Biology BA History
- Columbia University, New York : 1998
- American Urologic Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Pinellas County Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Leadership Positions for Dr. Klein:
- Chairman Credentials Comittee, Mease Hospitals – 2008-2010
- Chairman, Department of Surgery Mease Hospitals – 2005-2007
- Co-Chairman, IMC Outpatient Services Morton Plant Mease – 2008
- Pinellas County Medical Association Board of Directors – 2007-2009
- President Elect Medical Staff, Mease Hospitals – 2008
- Vice Chairman, Department of Surgery Mease Hospitals – 2003-2005
- American Board of Urology : 2000 Recertified 2007- Valid till 2020
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons : 2000
- Community Hospital, New Port RIchey, Fl : 2007
- Affiliate- Moffit Cancer Center, USF, Tampa, Fl : 2001
- Morton Plant Northbay Hospital, New Port RIchey, Fl : 2000
- Mease Countryside Hospital, Safety Harbor, Fl : 1998
- Mease Countryside Hospital, Dunedin, Fl 1998 : 1998
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- F. Valentine Resident Essay Contest : 1994
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Society : 1992
- Penile Gangrene Associated with Kaposi’s Sarcoma
- Prostatic Stents for BPH
- Apoptosis in the Rat Penis after Denervation
- Anti-fas antibody: Apoptosis of Bladder Cancer Cells
- Indications for the use of MR Urography
- Incidence of Depression in Men with Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Scrotal Carcinoma
- Manipulation and PSA Levels
- Management of BPH
- Advances in Male Infertility
- Monthly Variations in Sperm Counts
- Endoscopic Ureteroneocystotomy
- Endopylotomy with Single Action Scissiors
- Pseudodyssynergia (Contraction of the External Sphincter During Voiding
- Ureteral obstruction secondary to indinavir in the pediatric HIV population
I’d had bad experiences with two other Urologists in the past, so when I found myself needing a Urologist again, I was afraid it was going to be more of the same. I could not have been more pleased. Dr. Klein and his staff anticipated every problem I might encounter before, during, and after my procedure, and had a plan in place to mitigate it. What discomfort I experienced was of very short duration. Visits to Dr. Klein’s office were efficient and pleasant. Dr. Klein took the time to answer all my questions, and even answer some I had not thought of. I hope you never need a Urologist, but if you do, Dr. Lonnie Klein will be your very best choice.
Sep 27, 2019
I have been a patient of Dr. Klein for over 3 years and I felt compelled to write and acknowledge his wonder bedside manner and medical care. His office staff are very professional, friendly and timely with making appointments and return email and or calls. I especially appreciate the time he spends with me during examines to discuss results of tests. He never rushes thru an examine and answers all questions. He has returns phone calls to me when I have called with urgent questions, which in today world in a much appreciated consideration of his patients.
Sep 7, 2019
Dr. Klein and his staff are outstanding. My wife recently had kidney stone surgery. Our faith in his abilities and attentiveness showed his caring nature and his professionalism. Since meeting Dr. Klein and Dr. Richman three years ago, we have never considered changing to any other urologist. When you have this trust and confidence you look no further. The entire staff is caring and listens to the patience questions and concerns without hesitation.
Bill and Carol O.
Aug 24, 2019