Board Certified Urogynecologist in Trinity, FL
Urologist in Trinity, FL
About Dr. DiPiazza
Dr. DiPiazza is one of the few Urologists in the Tampa Bay area that is double board certified. He has been certified with the American Board of Urology since 2006. Dr. DiPiazza is also a Board Certified Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecologist). After only 5 years into practice he was elected Chief of Surgery by his peers at Community Hospital, now currently Medical Center of Trinity. He completed his undergraduate training with honors of cum laude at the prestigious Ivy League, Cornell University. His residency training included: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey and Princeton Medical Center. After 6 years of formal surgical training his experience includes all aspects of Urologic oncology, male and female Urology and robotic surgery.
Dr. DiPiazza practices most aspects of “every day” general Urology and Urogynecology. He takes care of diverse problems from male problems with urination (BPH) to female overactive bladder (OAB) and urinary incontinence to kidney stones, UTI’s and male and female urologic cancer. He also performs a no needle no scalpel vasectomy in the office.
Dr. DiPiazza regularly uses advanced robot technologies and was the first Urologist to break new ground in the use of the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System in Pasco County. His diversity and experience in minimal invasive techniques for robotic surgery runs as the gamut of Urologic Oncology and Urogynecology in Florida. Dr. DiPiazza is an instructor for robotic surgery and is a C-SATS Certified Reviewer and Expert Reviewer.
He is a practicing urologist and urogynecologist in Trinity, FL.
- Board Certified Urology
- Board Certified Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecology)
- PELVIC FLOOR REPAIR – sacrocolpopexy, a repair of vaginal prolapse in the fashion of the gold-standard technique of open surgery but done in a minimally invasive fashion of robotic surgery. Dr. DiPiazza performs hysterectomy and sling for incontinence at time of surgery if needed.
- CYSTECTOMY – removal of the bladder in patients with significant bladder cancer.
- PROSTATECTOMY – removal of prostate for cancer with nerve sparing and bladder neck reconstruction for faster continence recovery
- PARTIAL & RADICAL NEPHRECTOMY – removal of part or whole kidney for cancer, Dr. DiPiazza can often reconstruct the kidney after removing the cancer, sparing the kidney.
- ADRENALECTOMY – removal of the adrenal gland.
- PYELOPLASTY – reconstruction of the renal pelvis and ureter in cases of UPJ obstruction of the kidney’s urine drainage.
- URETER RECONSTRUCTION and FISTULA – Dr. DiPiazza is often called upon by other surgeons to repair ureters and obstructions to ureters or repair injuries to the ureters and bladder with advanced robotic techniques.
I had Robotic-Assisted Sacrocolpopoxey (RASC) in other words a bladder lift with a mesh No more pressure,leaking bladder and a bulge of tissue protruding into my vagina. Since this surgery I’ve had relief from all these symptoms no infections or complications. Thank you Dr David DiPiazza for this life changing surgery
Sep 26, 2019
Dr. DiPiazza is the best. I have seen several doctors for many years for treatment of overactive bladder and dyspareunia. He is the first to take the time to listen to me without writing me off as just post-menopausal. One prescription for topical estrogen and an ongoing tens-like procedure and I feel like a new woman. Highly recommended and a genuinely nice, kind doctor.
Jun 7, 2019
I had not been feeling well and I told my primary care dr. He sent me for test and found there was something wrong on my kidney. He removed the tumor and saved my right kidney from having to have chemotherapy. I am blessed to have met him bc he listened and did all the test he had to and had to do a biopsy as well. As of today, I am Cancer free.
Jul 27, 2019