About Dr. Richman
Dr. Richman is a board certified urologist practicing in Pinellas and Pasco Counties since 2005. He graduated from the Medical College of Ohio at the University of Toledo and completed his surgical and urology training at the Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland that included training at Cleveland V.A. Hospital, MetroHealth Medical center, and the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Urology, fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), and is licensed by the State of Florida Board of Medicine. Dr. Richman also has a special interest in Laser and minimally invasive treatment of prostate enlargement/BPH (Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP), Holmium laser vaporization of the prostate (HoLAP), Rezum (steam ablation of the prostate, & Prostiva RF ablation of the prostate). He has been performing the HoLEP procedure since 2012 and was one of the first surgeons in the Southeast to offer this technology. He is experienced with robotic surgery of the prostate and kidney (daVinci Surgical System) since 2007. He also is trained in High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for minimally invasive treatment of prostate cancer.
His honors include the Golden Key National Honor Society, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, and the AUA Gerald Murphy Scholarship. His research experience includes neurobiology, renal ischemia/reperfusion injury, and computer prostate cancer treatment models. He has numerous journal and textbook-chapter publications.
- Special interests in Minimally Invasive, Laparoscopic, and Robotic Surgery
- Indiana University : 1994
- Medical College of Ohio / University of Toledo : 1999
- Case Medical Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland : 2005
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons : 2009
- American Board of Urology : 2008
- In Practice Since:2005
- Mease Countryside Hospital : 2005
- Mease Dunedin Hospital : 2005
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society : 1998
Journal Articles and Case Reports:
- Olfactory marker protein (OMP) gene deletion causes altered physiological activity of olfactory sensory neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 1996.
- Sclerosing lipogranuloma of the testis. Urology, 2002.
- A novel computer based expert decision-making model for prostate cancer disease management. J Urology, 2005.
Books and/or Chapters:
- Basic Imaging in Urology. In: Potts JM, ed. Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice. Totowa: Humana, 2004.
- Calcium Oxalate/Calcium Phosphate Calculi. In: Resnick MI, Spirnak JP, Elder JS, eds. Critical Decisions in Urology, 3rd ed. Hamilton: B. C. Decker, 2004.
- Ureteral Calculi. In: Resnick MI, Spirnak JP, Elder JS, eds. Critical Decisions in Urology, 3rd ed. Hamilton: B. C. Decker, 2004.
- Vesicovaginal and Ureterovaginal Fistula. In: Resnick MI, Spirnak JP, Elder JS, eds. Critical Decisions in Urology, 3rd ed. Hamilton: B. C. Decker, 2004.
- Vesicovaginal Fistula: Abdominal Approach. In: Vasavada SP, Appell RA, Sand P, Raz S, editors. Female Urology, Urogynecology and Voiding Dysfunction. New York: Marcel Dekker, 2005.
- Case Western Reserve University Department of Urology Grand Rounds, Cleveland, OH, Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Scrotum. Slide Presentation, July 29, 1998.
- Case Western Reserve University Department of Urology Grand Rounds, Cleveland, OH, Antibiotic Review for Urology. Slide Presentation, January 12, 2002.
- Case Western Reserve University Department of Urology Grand Rounds, Cleveland, OH, Effects of Gender on Renal Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury. Slide Presentation, March 8, 2003.
- Case Western Reserve University Research ShowCASE 2003, Cleveland, OH, Effects of Gender on Renal Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury. Poster Presentation, April 4, 2003.
- Case Western Reserve University Research ShowCASE 2003, Cleveland, OH, The 3-Point Repair of the Buried Penis. Poster Presentation, April 4, 2003.
- UHHS Richmond Heights Hospital Medical Grand Rounds, Cleveland, OH, Simple and Complex Urinary Tract Infections For Primary Care. Slide Presentation, May 17, 2004.
Dr. Richman has been there for almost ten years. He got me through my Prostate Cancer surgery. And continues to be supportive of me. And I am not his only patient. He tries to see every patient he has for the day and has to juggle all types of personalities to make sure they are not short changed on their visit. He really cares for his patients and works tireless. I am sure everyone is not always pleased with any of their doctors or their staff. But they are under constant pressure all the time to keep everyone to be seen and happy. How offer do we forget to say thank for a job well done! So thank you to Dr. Richman and his nice staff.
Sep 18, 2019
Dr. Richman treated my Husband many years ago with multiple Urinary conditions. My husband was prone to Kidney Stones. On one occasion, my husband ended up in the Mease Countryside E.R. for stones with terrible pain and other side effects. Dr. Richman had been upstairs performing a surgery, and after he was finished with the surgery, immediately came down to husband’s bedside to check on him. I will never forget that! I myself, am a current patient of Dr. Richman’s. He along with staff are very professional, kind and helpful in which I am noticing inept Medical Assistants, Office Staff in many OTHER Medical offices within the last year. Just referred my Mother to him, also. I find Dr. Richman and Staff, and affiliates (Uro/Gyno) top notch!
Jul 20, 2018