If you are facing surgery, you want the most effective and least invasive approach to the operation. You can rest easy when you hear that your procedure will be done with the da Vinci® robotic surgery technology.
The da Vinci approach has transformed minimally invasive surgery, enabling patients to get back to what matters sooner. Over the past 20 years, da Vinci platforms have offered consistent and superior outcomes, pioneering new capabilities in the operating room. The da Vinci robotic surgery has virtually revolutionized the field of minimally invasive surgery.
Surgical Approach with da Vinci Robotic Surgery
- Surgeons and operating room staff who use the da Vinci system are given comprehensive training by the manufacturer. Their professional education includes simulation for skills and procedures, along with practice and peer guidance.
- The da Vinci robotic surgical system offers a minimally invasive alternative to laparoscopy and also to open surgery. (Laparoscopy surgery is a procedure that uses fiber-optic instruments inserted through the abdominal wall to see and repair internal organs.)
- Because robotic surgery offers greater precision and control for the surgeon, and is performed by just a few tiny incisions, patients generally recover sooner.
Benefits of da Vinci Robotic Surgery for Patients
Patients will be thankful for the many benefits of robotic surgery using the da Vinci approach:
- Reduced pain
- Less blood loss
- Reduced risk of infection or complications
- Less scarring because of smaller incisions and fewer sutures
- Briefer hospital stays/faster recovery
- More rapid return to normal activities, including urinary continence, sexual function, and more.
Benefits of da Vinci Robotic Surgery for Surgical Professionals
To understand more about the benefits of the da Vinci system, consider these advantages. Aided by the da Vinci system’s ergonomic design, your surgeon is able to get a magnified 3-D view with high-definition while operating from a comfortably seated position. Your surgeon can operate precisely with these advantages:
- Improved dexterity
- Wider range of motion
- Enhanced visualization including areas that are not visible by the naked eye
- Improved access to otherwise almost inaccessible areas
- Improved outcomes, sparing healthy tissue not impacted by cancer
The superior results with a da Vinci robotic surgery procedure are ideally suited for urologic conditions. At the Advanced Urology Institute, urologists such as Dr. Rolando Rivera perform minimally invasive robotic surgeries for prostate cancer, vasectomies and more complex surgeries such as reconstruction. For more information, visit the Advanced Urology Institute website.